From:
Rick Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:19:42 +0100
Hello PCBUILDers,

A friend of mine owns a TV-Card (Haupauge Primio) that he uses in
combination with his Diamond Viper 330 (Riva 128 chip). The newest version
of his TV-tuner software just doesn't seem to like the Diamond drivers. A
search of the web brought the information that this software functions at
it's best when used with the Elsa victory erazor drivers. The Elsa drivers
need an Elsa firmware string in the BIOS to be installed. Someone in one of
the newsgroups claimed that the Viper can be updated to an Elsa card by
using the Diamond flash software and renaming the Elsa bios file. As they
both have the same chip, (and with quite a few Voodoo card manufacturers in
mind) I can imagine this could be possible. Obviously, I don't want to trash
a card just to test this thesis, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has tried
this sucessfully, or has seen any information on the web about it. TIA for
any help on this,

Rick Swartz ([log in to unmask])
http://www.uuhome.de/richard.swartz
PC-Support  Emission-Monitoring (Air)