From:
"GerryLowry1(905)825-9582{AbilityBusinessComputerServices" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 03:46:13 -0500
These jumpers are indeed a tiny problem ...
you may not require a jumper for your old drive ...
this depends on things like your drive type
and what steps you are following to copy
your old drive ....

I assUme you really mean that
you are making your NEW drive
primary and just copying SOME
of your files from the OLD drive.

If this is the case, the NEW drive likely
is NOW your MASTER and the OLD
drive is your slave.  MANY drives
do NOT require a jumper when they
are a slave.  Most drives I have seen
have jumper information printed on the
outside of the drive casing.

OTOH, if you really need a jumper,
assuming you already have your PC apart,
look around ... for example, your NEW
drive may have an extra jumper hanging
sideways on a pin, i.e., not really jumping
anything ... likewise with your motherboard,
PCI cards, et cetera.

If you have an old pc about, you could
borrow one from it.

Assuming none of the above works for you,
visit your local computer store ... it should
not cost you more than one dollar (an
absolutely outrageous price) and in my
experience, computer stores have given
me things like jumpers for free.