From:
Andrea & Bill Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 09:10:45 -0400
Greetings all;

    I don't know the extra features XP Pro includes related to networking.
However, I can state that I have a three-system network (XP Home, Win 98SE,
Win 98SE) with all aspects working well including file sharing, printer
sharing, ICS and multi-player games. My main system has XP Home (and 98SE as
a dual boot) and has both the printer and modem used by the others systems.
ICS installed easily using the ICS setup disk that XP Home creates. Printer
sharing was slightly less simplistic in that I had to set the port on the
98SE machines printer setup after installing 98 drivers on both systems.

    I have a simple SMC nearly four-year-old hub, three different NICs
(D-link, Relysis, 3Com, I believe), and the three systems vary from a 1.4
Athlon to a 400 Celeron.

    XP Pro may well have other benefits related to networking, but for my
needs XP Home has worked well. Good luck Eric.

Bill