From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:51:59 -0500
You should be able to do nothing as in step 1, and it should boot to your "C" drive.  I never got a disk error message doing it that way.  I have done about 6 or 7 installs of XP Pro and never got the "disk error" message by letting it boot to the new install.  One of our resident experts will need to chime in on why you would get this error, or you could try doing a google search on it.

> Well folks, since I didn't load chipset drivers at the proper time with my
>first xp load, I have reformatted/partioned and attempted to reload xp (home).
>Unfortunately, I'm running into the same problem I had with my first attempt
>at getting xp laoded. All goes fine through the steps up to where files have
>all loaded and message states "must restart to finish setup"  with timer
>counting down to auto-restart. when it restarts, and screen showing devices list and
>message "hit any key to boot to CD" appears, I have tried the following
>alternative steps;
>1> do nothing and get disc read error
>2> hit key to boot to CD which starts xp loading sequence all over again
>3> restart and go to bios to change boot to c drive (where xp is located)
>which gets  disc read error
> I just can't get to next part of setup which asks to set region, password
>etc.
>Seems before, someone mentioned hitting one of the "F" keys at some point
>during process but not sure which or when or if even applicable to my problem.
>Since I did get through the process before, I'm sure I'm just missing a step
>somewhere but can't figure what it is.
>Please enlighten this poor dim bulb!
>
>system; Soyo Dragon2 mobo
>             3.2 p-4