Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:06:33 -0700
The IDE channels are NOT defective since both channels will allow access to
the hard disk as well as booting from the CDROM. I swapped cables, channels,
and hard disks with the same result each time. The hard disk will boot on
another computer, and another hard disk will NOT boot on the problem
computer. There is no error message on booting from hard disk. The cursor
simply blinks at the top left of a blank screen!

My conclusion was that there must be a problem with the boot code in the
BIOS, but I don't know enough about the BIOS loader code to be certain. This
would assume that the boot code for a CDROM is different from that of the
Hard Disk.

At this point, I am not trying to fix the board but just am curious as to
the failure mode.

Peter Shkabara
805-929-2085