Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:36:22 -0600
Hi David,

Probably the easiest way is to get the updates from the Microsoft Download
Center. Here is the link for Windows 2000:

Microsoft Download Center: Windows 2000:
http://tinyurl.com/gutb3

Another method is to use Windows Update, but in a different way than you
normally do. There's a link at the top of the Start menu or (All) Programs
for Windows Update. Once there:

*On the left side of the Windows Update screen, click "Use administrator
options".
*Click the "Windows Update Catalog" link.
*Click "Find updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems".
*Select your operating system and RTM (to show all updates).
*Click the "Search" button.
*Select a "category" of updates (it may take a few minutes to display the
updates).
*Click the "Add" button to put the updates you want in your download basket.
*Click "Go to Download Basket".
*Select your Download Location.
*Click "Download Now".

I suggest you save them to a second hard drive or an external drive if you
have one. If not, burn them to DVD/CD. This is nice to have should the need
arise to reinstall Windows, or they can be used to update any Windows 2000
computer.

Sven Swanson, Sr.
The NoSpin Group, Inc.