From:
"David L. Gabler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:25:40 -0600
At 01:38 PM 11/28/98 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello everyone
>

>does anyone of you know anything about a company that does Overclocking
>for living (www.step-ThermoDynamics.com). They sell CPU's at extreemly
>cheap prices and they will hapily overclock them to a much higher speed
>(eg they overclock a PII300MHZ to 450MHZ)and they will throw in a life
>time warranty for free.
>
>the question:   should i trust them
>
>sami

First of all, they don't overclock anything!  This has to be done once you
have the processor installed on your
mainboard and only if your mainboard is capable of the overclock itself.
Also, you realize that you have to purchase a corresponding  STEP-UP CPU
Refrigeration System with the purchase of the processor.
You can not purchase the processor alone.  The following taken from their
site   "Questions & Answers" :

Q.  Exactly what does STEP sell?

  A.  STEP only manufactures STEP-UPTM CPU Refrigeration Systems.  Of
  course, our STEP-UPTM CPU Refrigeration Systems aren't very impressive
  without a CPU to go with them.  So if you're not going to use your
  STEP-UPTM CPU Refrigeration System with an existing CPU, we offer all
  CPU's and Memories at distributor's cost, with the purchase of a
  corresponding STEP-UPTM CPU Refrigeration System.

To me, the above statement seems very ambiguous to say the least!  If your
willing to pay through the nose for
a heat sink and fan, then buy all means, go for it.

Sincerely,

DAVID L. GABLER
1719 Lindy Lane
Conroe, Texas 77301-4019
409-756-4614 home,  409-537-5574 mobil
ICQ#  123822
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to
change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]