From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:57:15 -0400
You have also lost, (no doubt), a small metal spring from the floppy.
If you are in a hurry, the simplest thing to do would be to replace
the floppy drive, or at least have one ready when "you?" have
the computer apart.   Good luck.
Plastic door covers have been around for several years, and work
well on quality floppies.            Rick

>Today at work, I put one of those cheap floppies the County
>buys for us into the office PC and the plastic slider that
>goes over the end of the disk came off.  It is stuck inside
>the drive and the drive ain't workin.

(snipped)

>This is the last thing I need right now, because we're
>working on some tight deadlines.  Can't afford to have the
>PC down for a couple days.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html