From:
Bob Thrasher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 08:04:03 -0500
At 11:48 PM 6/6/98 , you wrote:
>I have a client whose HP 694C printer won't work on the output port of a
scanner
>or Zip drive. That isn't quite the same thing as a switch box, but switch
boxes
>and pass-through ports are closely related.
>
>Roxanne Pierce

You can go to the start\run and execute Hpfcfg05.exe (other printers may be
04 or 06)
it will allow you to edit your printer ini files. You can disable
Bi-directional communications
that will fix many of this type of problem. But the printer will not be
able to report
some of the problems back to the computer. Not normally a big problem though.

Bob Thrasher