Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 00:34:49 -0500
Yes, it sounds like a bad power supply.  Make sure the AC power cord is Ok. I'd exchange it with another--Just to be sure.
Also check to see if the fan is running in the power supply itself which indicates that a part of the power supply works.(assuming the fan is not froze up)

If your comfortable going inside the computer--remove all the cards (to ensure that they are not creating the problem)and reboot and look to see if the power returns to the system.

It seems strange that a 2 year old system would have a bad power supply but all things are possible with machines designed for a short life span.
--My thoughts
--Mike michel

 --- On Sat 02/01, Carol Burnside wrote:

I have a friend who has a HP Pavilion 6633C about 2 years old.  They has
their system unplugged for a few days.  When they plugged it in they could
hear it running but no lights were on, for the PC, CD rom drive nor the A
drive....nothing on the screen.  Powering down with the power button had no
results what so ever and after a few minutes what they could hear running
slowed down then stopped completely.  I'm thinking the power supply went
out.   Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml