From:
"Fortescue, Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:50:42 -0400
C: and E: are a 40G drive
D: is a 20G drive

I'll check whether the E: is extended and logical...(I think so, but not positive)

Thanks for the help
Marshall
------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 20 Jul 2002 18:47:51 -0400
From:    Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: HARD:  Trouble formating disk

Hi Marshall

What is D:? Is it your CDROM or is it on another hard drive.
If D: was your CDROM, it will get bumped up to another letter when you create two partitions on your hard drive...and they'll grab the letters C: and D:. The CDROM drive would become E:... provided it was recognized.

Do you have two hard drives and your D: is on the 2nd hard drive? In that case...

After you used FDISK to create C: (primary partition), did
you then have FDISK create an "Extended" partition and then (another step) create a "Logical Drive" inside the new Extended partition?

If you try and create a 2nd "primary" partition on your drive (as compared to a logical drive in an extended partition), Win9X is not real good at recognizing more than one primary partition per drive. (This is actually against the rules for Win9X. Even if it works, it can cause problems down the line.)

Regards,
Bill

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml