From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:11:54 -0500
Greetings all,

 I have a computer set-up for live recording of my garage band. It's a
Pentium 4 3.20GHz hyper-threading rig with 2 gig ram, a 250 gig WD
SATA drive, 2 pci cards connected to (2) 8-channel microphone
interface units and xp home sp2 with a 2046mb paging file size setting
(too much ??).

 I'm using Adobe Audition for multi-track recording, mix-down and
mastering. When we're playing, it's easier to just let it record for
the whole set rather than stop between songs, walk across the room to
the mixing console and pc to stop recording and save each track as
well as the session settings then set it up to start recording again.
However, considering the total file size of all the tracks and session
settings can add up to over 6 gig (12gig when I forget to stop between
sets), I have a problem opening the files later for editing as it
often locks up the pc (especially the accidental 12 gig round).

I'll save the question of splitting the files into smaller segments
for the PCsoft group but I would like to know if there's a hardware
solution for remote operation of the pc. I'm afraid the distance might
be a bit much for a typical wireless keyboard/mouse(?) but don't know
if there's a blue tooth option for this and if it would increase the
range. Also, is there a remote option for the monitor?

I have other basic pcs laying around and wonder if I can use one as a
controller with a wireless networking setup.

All ideas appreciated,
Phillip

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml