From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:26:47 -0500
I tried to run chkdsk on my C: drive, and it has to run before the "welcome"
screen comes up.

So, when I boot, eventually the blue screen comes up to run chkdsk.  It
probably sees the disk, because it recognizes the file type as NTFS.  But
then, it says that it cannot access the disk for direct access.  Then it
says that it is done and continues bringing up Windows.

The problem is that it now does this every time that I start Windows.  It
adds ten seconds or so to the startup process every time I start.  No big
deal, but annoying.

Does anyone know how I can either get it to run right and then go away or
just get it to go away?

I am running a fairly recent clean install of XP Pro.  The C: drive is a WD
150GB Raptor SATA drive, which may have some relation to the problem.

MB: ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
CPU: AMD FX-60

tia

Dean Kukral