From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:06:41 -0400
HI

Not to disagree, but to inform, current 915 chipset boards from Intel for
new socket "T" chips are coming with 24 pin atx connectors.   It's stuff I
distribute to dealers every day.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

A 24 pin connector is currently exclusively for Xeon Sever/Workstation
Motherboards. If you want to use such a power supply on a ATX board you will
need to have an adaptor specially made up. The only company that provides
this, that I am aware of, is PC Power & Cooling, for their Xeon Power
Supplies and I think they charge 17 dollars US. There may be third parties
that make adaptors, but frankly, I wouldn't trust one.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml