From:
Constance Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:39:02 -0700
Not every motheboard that says doesn't support EDO ram will work with
EDO RAM.  I have tones of 486 board that cannot even see the existence
of the EDO ram.  For the motherboards that claim do not work with EDO, there
are SOME that will take EDO and work correctly, there are SOME that will
take EDO and has lots of glitches when the system runs, most of them
don't work with EDO.

So, the only one way to see if your computer can accept EDO or not is to
get a pair and try.  Personally, I won't even bother to try to get EDO
and try and see if it works or not (unless I can get a pair for free.)
Because if it doesn't work, I need to go through a whole process of RMA
for credit or exchange; or if unfortunately, the RAM got damaged when I
am testing (it could be damage before I got the RAM,) I can even lost
more money on the expansive test.  Just get whatever the menu recommend
and forget about if the computer can take EDO or not.  It does not cost
too much more.  By the way, I would personally suggest you to get the
memory from larger memory maker, like Kingston...  They have a very
complete reference that should almost guarantee that the memory will
work in the equipment.

good luck,
Constance Chang