From:
Ralph Fasano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 23:34:18 -0500
Hal Seabolt wrote:

> Recently I allowed my grand kids to surf the net, with my 586-133.
> The attached HP 660c was used to print.
> Now when the printer is turned on it loads a sheet of paper, the status
> light indicates printer busy or receiving a document.
>  When actually told to print the pre-loaded sheet is ejected with a
> varying length line similar to this,(N@NNNNNNNNNN@N),the number of
> characters varies. Printer will then print next in queue, but after a
> short time, the message "computewr lost communication with printer"
> comes up.
>  Printer works perfectly on another machine and a dot matrix printer
> works fine on this computer.
> Any suggestions as to probable cause, on board parr. port bad, or what
> do you think?
>                  TIA
>                  Hal Seabolt
===========================
Hal:
Try this:

Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add and Remove Hardware
Remove the printer
Power Down and Shut Computer Off
Disconnect the Printer Cable from the computer
Start Up and Run Computer for a few minutes
Power Down and Shut Computer Off
Re-attach the printer cable to the computer
Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add and Remove Hardware
Add new hardware wizard (If you have a printer installation disk with
drivers - use it here)
Win 95 should search for and find your "new" printer and all should be
well.

Hope this works,
Ralph Fasano