From:
Gerald Kearns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:18:17 -0500
Hello Sue:

Ensure that you have set your BIOS to recognize this deviceb y setting it to
"auto" detect. Next make sure your jumpers are set correctly. The device on the
end of the ribbon is ALWAYS the Master device; the one on the center connections
should always be the "Slave" device. If you have them switched around, either
the jumpers, or where they are on the ribbon,,,,,this could cause this type of
error message.

Also try running a device of the hard drive and leaving only one CD ROM device
on a SINGLE ribbon by itself.

Dr. Gerald Kearns

Sue Fessenden wrote:

> Hi,
> I removed my dvd drive and installed a cdrw. Then I decided to put the dvd
> drive back in a different bay as a slave to the cdrw. It will play any other
> cds I put in except the dvd.  It gives me an error to put a dvd disk in even
> if there is one already in the drive. It tells me to configure the dvd. When
> I try to do that it says hardware not initialized.  It did not show up with
> plug and play but I installed it manually. The dvd software is diamond
> navigator. It is a hitachi GD-2000dvd. My computer is a Micron 400,
> win98SE,64mb.
> Thank you,  Sue Fessenden
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml