From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 20:02:57 +0200
Neville. You seem to be a more advanced person who knows what he is doing, I
can't think of anything specifically to look at, but maybe just an obvious
oversight. Have you checked the socket where you are getting the electricity
from.

Reason for the suggestion is that you mention a different case, and also
that the monitors LEDs don't light up, but not where you tried the different
case.

I like your thought for the day.

Cheers

Brendon

<snip>
It worked fine for a week, during which time I even set it up to dual
boot Win98SE and Linux.  I was using it the Saturday night before last,
and when I finished I shut it down, went to bed and turned it on again
Sunday and nothing happened.  Display wouldn't light up and no Hard Disk
activity is evident.  It hasn't worked since.  I have tried replacing
the PCI Video with AGP, and even put the whole system in a different
case - to no avail.

What would cause the system to die like this, when I used it the night
before???  Note that there didn't appear to be any storm activity
around.

<snip>

Thought of the day:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>