From:
"Susanne J. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 17:32:38 PDT
My husband has a DPS Electronics Tracer 600 laptop.  The 1.44 floppy drive
is not working.  Most of the time it wants to format the disk in drive A
because it says it is not formatted.  Even if you can get the laptop to
recognize there are files on the floppy disk, you cannot access the files.

Any ideas on how to correct this or do I need to replace the floppy drive?
How difficult is it to replace a drive on a laptop?  Where can I purchase a
drive for a laptop?  I've worked on desktop systems for years, but never
attempted a laptop.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Susanne J. Walsh

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html