From:
Cindy Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:54:56 -0700
Hi List,

I recently bought a Memorex USB 128MB ThumbDrive and can't get it to
work.  In My Computer the driver letter for it doesn't show up and in
Windows Explorer the drive doesn't show up either but under Device
Manager under Disk Drives, it shows simply as "Disk Drive" and shows it
to be a removable device on drive E.  I called Technical Service at
Memorex and he tells me the device is working fine because under Start,
Run and I type E: then a box for an E drive pops up.  That told him I
have a problem with Windows but he couldn't say what kind of a problem or
give me any hints or suggestions.  I am running Win98.  Any ideas here?

I would have a hard time reloading Windows because my CD drive isn't
working right (previous post to which I never got any answers).  Whenever
I try to use a CD, it runs for a short time then my monitor screen goes
black and the CD stops spinning.  I used to get an "Out of Scan Range"
message but I have since bought a new LCD flat screen and now the monitor
just goes black.  Pressing the space bar will bring it back but some
files do not end up getting loaded on the computer.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

I originally posted this to PCSoft but they told me to post it here.  I
figured since the problem seems to be with Windows then it was a software
question but guess not.

Thanks

Cindy Sanderson