From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:23:25 -0700
If the floppy was bootable and your CMOS settings were set to boot from the
floppy, then a boot failure has nothing to do with the OS installed on the
hard drive. Make sure that the floppy is bootable and the computer is in
fact trying to boot from it. If this is the case, then be sure to check all
the settings in CMOS. Of course, you did not say if you can access the CMOS
configuration or not. Can you do this? The answer would tell us if the
problem is in the boot process or in the system at a lower level.

Peter