From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:02:03 -0800
On  1 Aug 98 at 14:22, Alvin B Johnson wrote:

> I have a 486DX-2 66  with 32MB Ram and A  Hercules Dynamite Pro Video
> Card with 2 MB of Video Ram. The monitor that I use with this system is
> a MicroScan 4G/ADI. I run it at 800X 600 Resolutions. I have the latest
> drivers that are available for the video card. I am running WFW 3.11.
>
> Problem:
> The colors continue to change from the set colors to blue or green.
> When I turn my computer on and the various drivers and ect are loaded
> the text appears on the screen in a green like color instead of the
> white that it should be. For Windows I have my windows colors set
> basically as coral and gray with black for text. However, when I enter
> windows the color often changes to a dark blue. Sometines it flickers
> and do not change colors. The colors also changes in other applications.
>
> Any suggestions to this problems will be appreciated

  Recall that the colours on the screen result from the combination
of three "cathode rays" inside the tube -- one red, one green, one
blue.  It sounds as if your "red" is not getting the signals it
should, or is misaligned.

  It's probably not the video card.  If you can detach the cable from
the monitor, try a different cable.  It may be that there is a break
or bad contact in the cable itself.

  If that doesn't fix it, see if you can find a place that does
fixed-price monitor repairs.  The place I go to would charge $70 to
fix a monitor this size, assuming that they don't have to actually
replace the tube.
  [You may be tempted to try and fix it yourself.  There are
electronics inside the monitor that can hold thousands of volts even
after it is turned off, and to adjust it you kind of need to be able
to have it on so you can tell what effect you're having.  Paying a
professional makes a lot of sense to me....]

David G