From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 06:58:47 -0400
I've read some articles about dual booting Win 95/98/Me with Win 2K/XP, including the MS article referenced below.  My understanding is that if you install Win 2K/XP before Win 9.x/Me it will not boot.  MS, and all the articles I read say Win 2K/XP must be installed afterward.  There may be a way to do it otherwise, but I haven't seen it, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone but the more sophisticated tinkerers.  To follow MS's advice you'd need to clean your drive with a reformat, then install Win Me, followed by Win 2K.  Do a Google search (www.google.com) for dual booting installations.  Lots of articles out there.

>  I believe I recently saw a reference to a Microsoft KnowledgeBase
>article that addressed this subject.  It's certainly *simpler* to
>install the 95/98/ME OS first, but the alternative *can* be done!
>

>> An old program requires something that is not available in Windows 2000 but
>> is available in Windows ME. How do I install Windows ME in addition to
>> Windows 2000 (which will continue to be my main operating system)?
>>
>> Thanks

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com