From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 05:01:09 -0700
Sounds like the video card is failing to answer power management signals to
wake up. One way to work around this is to tell Windows not to shut the
monitor down. Right-click a blank space on your desktop and select
Properties. When the Display Properties box pops up, click the Screensaver
tab, then click the Power Options button. The Power Options box should open
right after that, and there should be a time in a drop box next to the
option "Turn off your monitor after..." Select Never from that drop list,
and you should not have that problem anymore. This is only a temporary fix
until you replace the video card, mind you.