From:
Jim Prettyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:58:27 -0400
Thanks Joe,
This is a strange deal, I find the Epson will print on a couple of sys
normally. With
what appears to be a std cable. But on this particular sys that I want to
use it with
with and same cable arrangement it prints garbage. I changed cables several
times
and did find one that it would print with. You are correct it needs a
different cable.
I do not know how to ID a std from a bi-directional. Unless they are marked
how
would one know? One of the things I would like to understand is why this
particular
sys will print, with a std cable, (?) to a Panasonic kx-p1180 perfect. If I
switch to
a Panasonic kx-p 1123 it prints garbage. (installing the printers and
setting them to
default in all instances, same cable ) I wonder what is the reason. This
small sys
that I am using this Epson on is for a email use primarily, It is a Pent 1
200 with Win
98se.
Thanks for your help.
Jim