From:
Marg Belliveau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:11:54 -0400
You didn't mention if there were any error messages or not, but if you did
not get and run the Roxio upgrades for XP compatability, you need to do that
first.

If not, go to the site below and follow all instructions carefully
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/ecdc_basic_xp_updt.html

If you have already done that, is there an error message about 'buffer
underruns'?  if so,

Here are some suggestions for preventing buffer underruns:
  a.. Try closing other programs (disable screen savers, virus software, and
other tasks or applications running in the background).
  b.. Defragment your hard disk. Under Windows 95/98 and Windows 2000, you
can start defragmentation from the properties sheet for any drive letter in
Explorer.
  c.. Make sure that the temporary files are created on a fast local hard
disk. Do not set the location of temporary files to a directory on a network
drive; set the location of the temporary files using the Options command
under the Tools menu.
  d.. Make sure that the CD-Recorder and the hard disk are both configured
to allow disconnect. Refer to the property sheet for your CD-Recorder and
your hard disk. You can view these property sheets by opening System from
the Control Panel and selecting Device Manager.
  e.. Record at a slower speed.
  f.. Do not record across a network. Copy the desired files to your local
hard disk.
  g.. Make sure DMA is enabled. Refer to the property sheet for your
CD-Recorder. You can view these property sheets by opening System from the
Control Panel and selecting Device Manager.
More on buffer underruns can be found here
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/cdrwin/winbufu.html