From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 12:20:17 -0700
I take it that everything is OK in pure DOS but as soon as you load windows
things start to go wrong ? This is typical of bad ram....I have seen this
exact scenario ....widows treats hardware and ram far more aggressively
then DOS........first thing I would do is swap out or remove each DIMM and
see if your problem clears up.

>Problem: after loading Win98, I began to receive DLL fatel
>errors, the system would lock or begin to run like a 8088.
>I also have had a memory test fail at boot up, but after reseting,
>the system would work fine. All and all, the system is unstable.
>My question is, will pc66 ram fix this problem or am I missing
>something in the bios settings, (award flash). If anyone has any
>suggestions for a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks, Ken Cornell

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html