From:
Ray Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 20:59:04 -0700
At 03:22 PM 7/31/98 -0400, Orestes Alvarez wrote:
>My has an IBM Thinkpad(560e) with 48mb.  His operating system is Windows
>Nt. He would like me to take this of and add windows 95.  I started the
>computer with MS DOS disk and used fdisk. I got to delete the non-dos
>partition but there was something I couldn't delete.  It was a type EXT
>DOS, so I tried to use Delete Extended Dos Partition and it read, "Cannot
>delete Extended DOS Partition while logical drives exist." Then I tried to
>use option 3 which is delete logical dos drive(s) in the extended dos
>partition and it read, "No logical drives defined.  I have no idea what
>else to do, if you have any suggestions please let me know. Thank you all
>for your time and patience.
>
>The display is like this:
>Partition = 2
>Status = (empty)
>Type = EXT DOS
>Volume Label = (none)
>Mbytes = 1516
>system = (empty)
>usage = (75%)

I wonder if this partition isn't being used by the Thinkpad for its
suspend-to-disk function. Many laptops have a special parititon on the hard
drive that they use to write system information to when the sleep or
suspend function is invoked.  Why not leave it alone for now? It seems
small enough, just 1.5 megabytes.

ray reyes

ICQ 8603107

"Whaddya mean I'm on hold?  I thought I was online!!"