From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 15:16:01 -0400
Shawn,
Were the disks made using Adaptec DirectCD?  If so, several people have
claimed having the same problem with that software.  I have the external
SCSI model and found that the PEL 1600 contoller went bad and caused read
problems.  I tried the drive on another (Adaptec SCSI model 1505) card and
it worked fine.  However, one of the disks was created when the PEL card was
going (or was) bad.  The data on that disk was unrecoverable.  If your dirve
is an external SCSI model, try it on another SCSI card if you have one
available.  The PEL SCSI came bundled with the drive when I purchased it.
The drive was still under warranty and so was the included card.  Ricoh
replaced the card.  You pay shipping to them.  They pay shipping to you.
You need to call them to get an RMA number.  They also have a tech support
page on their web site where you can fill out a form.  Takes at least a week
to get a response from them.  Trying to reply to the email they send you
after responding to your post fails every time with an undeliverable
message.

  Ricoh can be reached at:  1-800-742-6477.
Ricoh Corp.
 RMA Dept.
 20081 Ellipse
 Foothill Ranch CA 92610.