From:
Dale Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:34:38 -0500
I use the Iomega Ditto Easy 800 and it works really well.  A little slow,
and takes me 3+ tape cartridges to do a full backup but as long as it works,
I'm happy.  I'm assuming that you meant that the piece that you found came
from the door on the tape drive?  If so, I don't believe the door is of any
value except to keep dust out of the drive.  Keeping a tape inserted in the
drive will serve the same purpose.  If you meant that it came off of a tape
cartridge and you aren't using the cartridge that it came off of then you
should have no worries.

Dale Bryant