From:
Goran Halfvarson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:13:30 +0100
Clint, that explains your situation! Here are a couple of ideas:

When you insert a NIC I suppose your OS (Windows) detects the card and tries
to locate drivers for it (plug-and-play). If you allow that procedure to
take place, using default values, you then could apply your own saved
networking configuration.

Option 1:
If you use Netswitcher (see below) you could copy its saved settings (I
think) onto a floppy which you carry with your NIC. On the same floppy you
should store the Netswitcher installation file. The settings from each
company/network should be saved by you under a unique name in the tool.

Option 2:
Probably Windows stores the same settings in its Registry. Those settings
could be exported to a floppy and applied by you on the machine you are
currently using. The settings from each company/network should be saved by
you under a unique file name (*.reg?). (Not really sure about this one.)

Good luck!
Goran Halfvarson, Sweden

| > |

| > | Don't the people you check them out from make sure they're
| > configured
| > | correctly?
| > --
| > | David Gillett