From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:14:29 -0500
Most benchmarks I've seen show the 266 MHZ Celeron running slower than the
233 MMX--The 300 is fairly comparable.  Neither the Celeron or the Slot 1
motherboard contain L2 cache, thats the reason the MMX is faster.  That
said, the Celeron's are cheap, and if you put one on a BX motherboard, you
have a system you can easily upgrade in the future, so it may be worth it.

Dan Shaughnessy

-