Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:06:37 +1300
A customer's Toshiba Satellite 2590 CDT has a faulty keyboard - there are at least two keys, the 'f' and the 'n', which only respond after heavy and continued pressing.

I fiddled with the keyboard settings in Control Panel\Keyboard but there was no change - it appears to be a hardware problem.

My question is this: Is this situation likely to be something that a laptop repair company could improve?  I ask because there's no repair service within 200k of my place and it's even difficult to get information of this kind over the phone.

Due to the comparatively small numbers of laptop pc's in New Zealand, and particularly in this lesser populated area where I live, laptop technicians tend to be a fairly elitist bunch and pretty well charge what they like.

And that's if they can even be bothered to look at the job :--))

Hence my question to the group, just in case anyone has had a similar problem successfully resolved.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

    From: John Vercelli

    I am trying to remove an extra hard drive. The computer will not reboot when
    I disconnect that drive.

                      Digest mode - visit our web site:
                     http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml