From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:43:58 -0800
On 24 Feb 98 at 17:41, Arnie Robuck wrote:

> I think you are going way to far right for what you want to do. The
> quickest, easiest and cheapest way to a complete backup of your system is to
> use a tape. SCSI is a more efficient and quicker way of accomplishing it but
> is a little pricy. There are all kinds of tape backup systems out there.
> Just find the one that is in your price range and then get a backup program
> that will take a mirror image of your drive and store it on the tape. Then
> if you have a crash, all you have to do is restore from tape. Total cost,
> maybe 2 or 3 hundred dollars. And it's simple.

  This is pretty close to what I do.  The tricky part is getting the
machine to the state where the "restore" process can run, and I
interpreted Bassem's message as asking for a procedure that minimized
that effort.  I presumed that he had already considered something
like the above, and rejected it.
  Re-reading his message, I can see that I may have been mistaken
about that.

David G