From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:06:36 -0500
You must turn off virus protection during the install of the Windows
"Operating System".
(Lots of "other" software is recommending that now...)

The following is true ONLY for a simple system that "single" boots.
Suwin.exe is required to write to the boot record of ALL your
drives during the install. It really only wants one drive "named" 80H,
and will "re-name" all others...
(The "re-name" is actually not necessary on drives other than the
first boot drive, but is too complicated to get into here for more
"exotic" systems...)

As far as your printers, I have some printers that require following
the install instructions "to the letter".
I recently installed a "win-modem" so poorly that it would not work
properly or uninstall. I had to format the partition to get rid of it...
This was a really new "clean" install during a system re-build and works
great now...  I "think" the problem is that it was "in the system" physically
while "doing" the first clean re-install of the OS and was detected wrong,
leading to some more "bad" installs and un-correctable Registry Problems...
                   Rick Glazier