Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:27:02 +1100
overburn only enable you write more data on CD than the CD itself supports,
eg. if you have right data and you know what you are doing, you may fit near
800mb data on 700mb CD. But, most writers do not recognized 900mb CDs.
therefore, they are only seen as 700mb. as far as I know, you can't force
more than 800mb on "700mb" CD, even you are using 900mb blank CD, and 900mb
is pretty much how much data currenty black CD can hold (900mb blank use
much finer track than normal 700mb standard, so they are not "compatible" in
general), you may not overburn more than 900mb on one CD.

normally, if you want to overburn, you have to reduce the writing speed
slower than 16x, the slower the better.

another important thing: 900mb CDs cannot be read by most CD drives (include
CDROM CDRW DVD ...), unless they were recorded as standard 700mb CDs
(therefore, lost their finer tracks). in another word, only CDRW that can
recognize 900mb CDs can read them.

Jun Qian