From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:36:48 +0200
Hello list,

  I recall the discussion on the topic here, and I have received
some information that I'd like to receive your opinions on.

  a). From a website I learned that HP's are much 'safer' to
refill 'cause their print head is built into the cartridge,
and if anything goes awry you waste the cartridge and take a
new one; in Epsons, the print head is on the printer and you
replace only ink tanks, so if you wrecked the head you have
to fork out half-o-the printer cost for the repairs... so the
conclusion would be it's better to buy HP jets?

  b). Other note re. Epsons is that their new printers make
their ink drops so small that most of the ink on market doesn't
make it, and the head is gone... the conclusion - new Epsons
allow no refills?

  I'm interested in this topic because I'm considering
buying a replacement for my Epson FX-286e, but I don't want to
walk too far from its 0.03c per page print costs...
[reference: average dot matrix printer prints 1000-2000 pages
per cartridge, refill tape costs $2-5]

Max Timchenko [[log in to unmask]]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html