From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 22:37:34 -0500
At 10:13 AM 3/27/1998   Ron Taylor  wrote:
>1.    How do I enable L1 and L2 cache on the MOBO?  I have looked in CMOS
>and don't find anything that relates to that.  There is only one cache entry
>and that is enabled.
>2.    I have a trident 4MB 3D PCI video card.  I have replaced the drive 1G
>Samsung with a WD AC22500.  I have 64M EDO and they are 60ns.  CMOS is set
>correctly.

Ron:

L1 and L2 cache is normally set in CMOS under chipset or advanced
settings. Older motherboards will have jumper setting so check your
manual.

What kind of motherboard and BIOS do you have? Check the BUS
speed and clock multiplier jumpers for correct setting. Disable the
TURBO switch, while you're at it.

There's no way a 200MMX system should run slower than a P-90. The
200MMX has over twice the processing power, 10% more BUS speed,
double the L-1 cache and have the benefit of the MMX instruction set.

Again, you are best advised to re-install Win95 on a clean hard drive.

Regards,

John Chin