From:
Deepesh Agarwal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:07:22 +0600
Hello,

Thank You for Helping,

I had resolved the two HDD issue, the solution was to connect both HDD as master on two-different IDE cables, it worked.

NOW, i am getting the error 'RPC server not available' while trying to launch "diskmgmt.msc" in XP SP2, pls. help, both the RPC services are running.

>I don't think so...  (Unless...)
>
>I have had multiple (Win-XP-Pro) drives in systems, all with primary active
>drives, and all bootable in that or other machines...
>
>In the above scenario, the one thing you want to be careful of is to NOT
>let a Win-XP drive from a different machine try to boot a machine it
>was NOT installed from. That will (if it uses WPA) trigger product activation
>and render the "foreign" drive bootable to the point of the error screen
>that says you need to activate (if it even gets that far...)
>
>So...  Make SURE it is trying to boot from the _correct_ drive, but if it is
>then other drives will be treated like "data drives"...
>
>                                                  Rick Glazier
>

>From: "joseph marty" <[log in to unmask]>
>> You still have an OS on the old 20 gig drive?  It is probably trying to boot to that OS when XP is already up and running.  That
>would cause it to hang up. You need to clean off the OS on the old drive unless your going to set it up to dual boot.
>>
>> >Hello, PCBUILD ,
>> >I had bought a new 40 GB Segate Baracuda 7200 RPM HDD, I already own a Fujitsu 20 GB 5200 RPM HDD, when i  installed XP (SP1 and
>Sp2) on the new HDD and then after installing connected the second 20 gb hdd it detects the HDD shows found new hardware and hangs,
>i change the master-slave settings and then booted using my old 20 Gb hdd but it does not shows new 40 gb HDD. the 40 gb HDD has a
>Single NTFS partition, while 20 gb has four FAT32 partitions, Pls. Help.

Best regards.
Deepesh Agarwal
2004-09-17

                     support at our newest website: