From:
"K. Hillyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 15:47:53 -0600
Craig:
All that I can recommend is that they check/replace the power supply.
Check
the mounted board (or tell them to) with the keyboard/RAM/Video
attached,
and make sure the keyboard lights flash on.  If they do, then it is
probably
the power supply.    It is a "last possible" type thing to check, but
this
is what happen to me recently:

I had a power supply (brand new) go bad on me a few weeks ago.   The
symptoms were similar, no video, suddenly, although the power supply was

still working.  At that time, I purchased a new motherboard, after
checking
all other parts in a spare system.  I don't usually mount/remount boards
verify that they work.  Then new board gave me the same problem.
 At that time,  set the system aside overnight, I came back the next
day,
and the thing wouldn't power-up.
I was about to return the new board when that power supply went out.  I
replaced the PS, and now all is well.  I am using the system for this
post,
and the old board, I put in a system for a friend, it also is fine.
All because of a flakey power supply?!  It seems so.

Good luck!
Kim Hillyer