From:
Les Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:12:10 -0500
Hi Problem Solvers,

I discovered this about a week ago and it has been driving me crazy. I call it Pop-up Audio. I noticed today my daughter's computer has it also. I will be reading e-mail or doing some other innocuous thing and audio comes out of my speakers. I can't get the whole thing but it talks about 'Atari' 'Putt-Putt' and 'Computer games'. I can't get who is sending it or for what purpose. From the little I do get it seems to be the same ad amd lasts for 30-40 seconds. This seems to occur at random times.

We are both running XP and computers are on 24/7 with a cable modem and router.
We are running up-to-date Avast A/V and I have scanned both computers with up-to-date Pest Patrol, SpyBot and Ad-Aware. Nothing was found but a few cookies. I did manage to get into task mgr while it was running but did not see any o
dd applications.

Any ideas?

Les Barnes

                     support at our newest website: