From:
"Raul I. Limos" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:16:46 +0800
I wanted to add another 32 mb SDRAM to my system and recently
 bought one.  Installing it on my AOPen AX6L motherboard which
has four memory banks( two ocuppied by one 64 and 32 mb sdram
 sticks respectively) I smelt something like burning rubber when I
turned the power on.  I instinctively unplugged the power cord and I
thought my motherboard and CPU(Pentium II 233) were toasted.  I
felt the new 32 mb sdram stick was hot and removed it.  Without
the new 32 mb sdram the system would run(big sigh of relief).  I
surmised that the 32 mb sdram stick was defective or the voltage
was too high for the type of memory I bought.  System check of
the motherboard states it is supports 3.3 v memory chips.

My questions are:
 1) Is it really the 32 mb sdram? (Siemens brand, with markings:
HYB39S16800AT-8 FRANCE B E37042; backside has same
markings except for FRANCE B E36153).

2) Are my other 2 memory slots unusable?

3) Any other repercussions?

Thanks...

Raul I. Limos mailto:[log in to unmask]
Key Fingerprint DFBB ECE6 4103 B69B 99CA  AF68 5219 E39E 20CE 6972
Pegasus Mail 3.01b by David Harris <http://www.pegasus.usa.com>