From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:58:19 -0400
Hi,

1) if you can carefully disassemble the unit and actually remove the
keyboard and mouse which are probably attached to main board by thin
film ribbon cable, you may find that there still is moister in the
connector, or worse, corrosion.

You'll want to maybe use a pencil eraser on the exposed contact ends of
the ribbon cable to clean off any oxidation.
Then as best can, make sure the ribbon connectors on the main board are
dry and corrosion free.

2) if the unit has an external ps/2 port, it may not work as it is the
same circuit as the built in kbd and mouse.
If it does work for the mouse, or kbd then an adapter will allow you to
uses both kbd and ms at the same time through this one port.

3) if unit has a USB port, then a USB-PS/2 splitter ($15) could be used
and that will probably work independent of the ps/2 port or regular kbd
and mouse.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

I have been asked to help a friend whose Toshiba notebook computer was
the victim of a water spill. The system boots up ok but niether the
mouse or keyboard works. Any suggestions as to how I can get these
devices working. The notebook hasd been dried but they still do not
work. Can I circumvent the problem by using both an external mouse
and/or keyboard.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com