From:
tom handel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 08:16:38 -0400
> On Mon, 22 May 2006 at 13:38:03 -0400
> Robert Citkowitz <[log in to unmask]> inquired ...
>
> >Is there a system - procedure/application - to avoid inadvertently going
> =
> >to these nasty domains (aside from knowing the IP and blocking it)?

Yes, Robert, there is.  Let the pro's keep track of those nasty domains for
you.  Go to:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Read the page which will explain how the hosts file can automatically keep
you from visiting - intentionally or inadvertently - those "nasty domains"
and download and install the hosts file appropriate to your operating system
- full instructions are provided.  Sign up for their email updates.
Periodically you will receive an email letting you know that an updated
hosts file with all the newest "bad domains" that have been identified
included is avaialble for download.  Follow the directions to update your
hosts file.  This will go a long way to keep you out of trouble.

Tom.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml