From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:12:56 -0500
James Kortisses wrote:

> recently the real time clock looses time. after resetting it is slow in
> just a few minutes. this home built system is three years old and I
> suspect the battery is old. but I also noticed a change in the sound card
> output. it's choppy. Intel pentium 200, 32 mb ram. it looses time when
> the p.c. is on. any help would be appreciated.

Since the battery is always connected the voltage supply for the RTC chip...a
bad
battery can affect any or all timing operations (like sound generation)
within the PC.

Replace your battery.  Make sure you get the correct replacement -- there are
several
different models of battery that have different voltages.

--
Jim Meagher
=====

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html