From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:53:35 -0800
I have several computers that were donated to the school. They have
Intel RC440BX motherboards and are rack mounted - they were Internet
servers. The problem is that they were set up for remote boot. I found
how to disable the remote boot BIOS feature, but I can't get the boards
to show me the regular BIOS setup utility. After POST I get a message
that it is going into setup, but it just proceeds to boot instead. I
looked for some jumpers or switches that force the board to bypass the
setup option, but could not find one for this particular board. Anyone
have some help for me? I already tried the "setup jumper" that is used
for password recovery, but that still does not display the setup. Oh, I
did update the BIOS to the latest available from the Intel site but that
did not change anything.

Thanks for any information.

Peter
The NoSpin Group