From:
Justin Marzello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 13:52:56 -0500
The main diffrence between the celey and the pentium is the L2 cache that
the celey don't have. I think they use diffrent insrtuction sets also but
i'm not sure. The L2 cache makes the pentium run alot faster but also alot
hoter. The cool temps of the celeron make for good and cheap over clocking
CPUs. I've seen 1GHz celerons run at almost 2GHz but with a decent heatsink
and fan you could run one at around 1.5GHz without a problem. The 1GHz
pentium would still out preform the overclocked celeron but the diffrence in
price is huge. If you don't want to spend alot of money but still want a
nice CPU I would recommend an AMD. The duron does alot better then the
celeron and the Athlon does better, as lower clock speeds, then the pentium.
You can pick up an Athlon XP 1600+ for about $40. The XP 1600+ runs only at
1200MHz but it's on par with a pentium running at 1600MHz, that's how it
gets it's name. Back to the Intel chips, IMHO the pentium is worth the extra
bucks over the celeron.

-Justin Marzello