From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:48:06 -0400
Hi:

CRT's are physically different that LCD's.  CRT's have a phosphous coating
that can get "burnt"
into it if the screen is on the same display all the time.  That is why you
have screen savers, they save the screen from getting "burnt".

LCD's don't have this problem because they light up with an electical
charge rather than glowing when an electron beam is hitting them, so they
don't rely ot a coating.  No Coating, no way for it to get burnt.

The other issue is that CRT's consume a lot more power that an LCD.  So to
save money & energy you have the CRT's shut off after a while.  I think the
LCD's use about 1/10 the power a CRT uses.

Thanks,

Joe

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml