From:
"Tommy Holmes, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:40:38 -0600
We have the very same problem with a Sony Intel PIII 450 mHz that we have
been trying to resolve.  Ours originally was on a BUPS running Power Chute
(automatice shutdown) through the USB port as well as the Win98 Advanced
Power Management.  We have disconnected the BUPS.  We have uninstalled Power
Chute.  We have deactivated all Power Management features.  Still, the unit
periodically and randomly shuts down.  In fact, to restart the system, one
must unplug it for a period of time and then again plug it into the power
outlet.  Consequently, we suspect that it has something to do with the ATX
type switch.

Has anyone a suggestion of any other response?

Tommy Holmes, Jr.
713.621.5666