From:
jose castro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:41:09 -0800
How strange i've been working with pc's and networking for about 5 years now and i've never actualy heard of dial-up shareing hmm well i guess i learned something new and i will have to get into it more thanks for the correction.

David Farrington <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Not to disagree but you can share a dial up connection between multiple
computers. I don't think you would want to share a dial up connection
between more that three computers but maybe. I say this because my first
network was a peer to peer using coax cable. I shared three computer
using a program that managed the modem use on one of the computers. It
worked but those were the day when downloads were not so big. Now if you
wanted to download three sets of patches from Microsoft... I can't
imagine how long it would take using Auto update.

Anyway, if your friend only wants to us dial up for two computer and
both computer have network cards then I suggest a cross over cable
between the computers and us Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). I may
have the name wrong as I have not used this in quite a while.

jose castro wrote:

>I've never heard of dial up actualy be able to be shared since do to the fact that it's slow. and honestly dsl i much better because one u can share it and two it's faster.
>
>[log in to unmask] wrote:I have a question concerning hubs/routers-can they be used to share a dialup
>connection?A coworker asked this and I'm unsure what to tell him (He doesn't
>want to get DSL,which is what is available in his home)
>
>Dan Zimmerman

Digest mode - visit our web site:
http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website: